Best Innovation for Education
Best Innovation for Education recognizes the technological innovations that are transforming the process of learning and are helping us adapt to the needs of the Fourth Industrial Revolution labour market.
This includes various educational products, services and solutions and applications that are emerging through the use of technology.
During the Webit Awards Ceremony, we will reward the Best Innovations for Education both for Bulgaria and Central and Eastern Europe (CEE).
Winner for Bulgaria
Medical University “Prof. Dr. Paraskev Stoyanov” Varna
Winner for CEE Region
Central European University
for: Open Learning Initiative
This award category is open to organisations in the education and learning sector. They provide innovative teaching and learning methods, including development of devices, platforms, solutions and initiatives that raise education quality and make it accessible for all.
The award entrants must demonstrate that the entry has been developed, operated or been available during and up to the end of 2016.
We welcome entries from the public and private sector, including partnerships and/or individual organisational applications. The following organisations are examples for eligible candidates, due to the nature of this sector, it is by no means exhaustive:
- NGOs and Foundations
- Digital education equipment manufacturers
- Application and software developers
- Education solution & content providers
- Distance learning platforms and applications
- Collaborative learning platforms & applications
- Virtual and Augmented Reality learning & training applications
- Textbooks, Visual aids, AV and presentation technologies and apps
- Teacher, student and parent communications, interactivity and collaborative tools
The winner will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Innovation: learning functionality and teaching effectiveness
- Business model and sustainability of the innovation (potential for growth and success)
- Usability and accessibility: level of accessibility and usability
- Impact and effectiveness: how it improves teaching and learning quality, how does it make education more accessible?
- Evidence of impact on learning
- All entries must be operating and available during and until the end of 2016
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Friday, 31st March 2017
Winners will be announced at the Webit Awards Ceremony in Sofia Tech Park on 25th April 2017