Best Use of Digital for Travel and Tourism
Best Use of Digital for Travel and Tourism is recognizing the technological solutions that are changing the way people are planning their travel, booking their tickets and making their online accommodation reservations.
This includes various travel and tourism products, services and solutions and applications that are emerging through the use of technology.
During the Webit Awards Ceremony, we will reward the Best Use of Digital for Travel and Tourism both for Bulgaria and Central and Eastern Europe (CEE).
Winner for Bulgaria
for: ClaimCompass API
Winner for CEE Region
Insider Navigation Systems
for: Augmented Reality Indoor Navigation
This award is open to all organisations in the mobile, travel and tourism ecosystems that provide mobile products, devices, services, solutions, and applications. The entrants must show innovative use of digital and technological advancements to improve the travel and tourism experiences for consumers.
The award entrants must demonstrate that the entry has been developed, operated or been available during and up to the end of 2016.
We welcome entries from the public and private sector, including partnerships and/or individual organisational applications. The following organisations are examples for eligible candidates, due to the nature of this sector, it is by no means exhaustive:
- Wearable Technologies, Devices & associated apps
- Innovative use of Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality technologies for tourism ad travel
- Application or Software Developers
- In-transit information, service innovation
- Tour applications and services
- Travel and tourism cloud applications, online and mobile platforms
- Airlines, Rail, Marine and Transport companies
- Hotels, Travel and Tour operators and agencies
- Leisure and Entertainment Facilities and Agents
- Travel and tourism booking platforms and applications
The winner will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Innovation: functionality, use of digital and technological advancements
- Product, service, platform or app business model and sustainability (potential for growth and success)
- Usability and simplicity: How simple and intuitive is the entry?
- Effectiveness: how it enhances the travel and tourism experiences for consumers, meets their needs and does it achieve a level of new efficiency and effectiveness?
- Accessibility: how accessible is the platform/service/product/app via mobile technologies
- Evidence of impact on consumer engagement
- All entries must be operating and available during and/or until the end of 2016
Entry Deadlines & Key Dates
The Deadline for entries is Friday, 31st March 2017
Winners will be announced at the Webit Awards Ceremony in Sofia Tech Park on 25th April 2017